Things to remember when an employer phones to schedule a job interview:
- Be positive and enthusiastic about the opportunity to interview.
- If you’re caught off guard, be honest (for example, “Forgive me, but I’ve sent out several resumes this month. Could you refresh my memory about the position you’re referring to?”).
- Write down the date and time of the interview you have scheduled.
- Write down the Name, Title, and Department of the person you’ll be meeting.
- Ask about parking lots or public transportation and where to enter the building – then write it down.
- Ask if there is anything specific the interviewer would like you to prepare or bring to the meeting.
- In closing, be sure to thank the caller and confirm the interview date and time (for example, “Thanks again, Ms. Lee, I look forward to meeting you on Monday the 16th at 9:00.”).